Thanks for volunteering!
With your help, we’ll win Universal Healthcare for everyone in Washington
Petitions (4 mins)
How To Gather Signatures (13 mins)
Before You Head Out
- Check your supplies: Petitions, petition board(s), quarter sheets, pens, mask, sanitizer, volunteer sign up sheets. If you need supplies, see the Get Petitions page.
- Literature is also available online if you want to print at home:
- Wear Whole Washington apparel (T-shirts, red berets, buttons), if you have it.
- Bring water and snacks.
- Be prepared for the weather.
- Buddy up whenever possible, unless you prefer to go solo.
- Find events and other volunteers.
While You’re Gathering
- Stay positive / Enjoy yourself. Winning arguments isn’t necessary and you’re doing important work that will help others. There is real joy in that.
- Focus on signatures over conversations.
- Offer quarter sheets and the website for questions you can’t answer.
- Ask signers if they’re registered voters. If they’re not, they can sign, but they must go to the Sec of State website https://www.sos.wa.gov/ to register ASAP.
- Have the signers write as legibly as possible. Some fields are small. A signature and a clearly printed name are most important.
- The last 2 columns (email and mobile) are optional. They’re for those that want to receive campaign updates. We will not share signers’ info.
- There’s a separate box if the signer would like to volunteer.
- Let signers know we’re an all-volunteer effort. Ask if they want to take a petition for their friends and family or volunteer with us.
- Use the Volunteer Sheet to capture their info or whatever is handy.
Turning in Your Petitions
- Do not cut or photo-copy the petitions.
- You can return completed and partially-completed petitions. They don’t need to be fully filled.
- Before turning in, unfold and open each petition and sign on the back, in the lower corner.
- Drop petitions off at Petition Bins, hand-off to another volunteer if arrangements have been made, or mail them back to:
- Whole Washington, PO Box 928 , Bothell WA 98041
- Single petitions can be folded and taped and mailed with $1.20 in postage.
- 2 Forever stamps and 2 $.05 stamps
- Need more petitions? Refer back to the Get Petitions page.